Saturday 12 January 2008

Step 6 Bonnies Mystery

Firstly I want to thank everyone for their kind comments on my work in the blog.






I am hoarse shouting at the pups, one of them managed to 'steal' a spool of aurifil thread, by the time I wondered why they were so quiet well the damage was done as you see
which one is guilty ??

I sewed all day and finished step 6. Had a problem with the 16 half triangles the size given in the instructions was too 'neat' I had to do a bit of experimenting to get the right size .

The strip needed to be cut 2 3/4" wide and then with companion angle cut on the 2 3/4" mark.

Works a treat. Im not sure if my blocks were slightly larger or if was an error. But sorted now.

With hindsight I wish I had a stronger contrast between the blue and the green. The Ohio Star doesn't stand out enough for my liking. It will be interesting to see how it will turn out.... I have to admit I put it on the design wall with the pieces that aren't sewn yet... !!! No I'm not showing you lol.

10 comments:

Lissa Jane said...

Ingrid
I love your blocks and we have a thread eating hound dog living here.. grrrrr!!!


Lissa

Vickie said...

Hi Ingrid,
I think your blocks look great, and them doggies did'nt do a thing you can see the innocentlook in thier eyes....
cheers Vickie

Sølvis blog said...

I like the soft look of your blocks - they turn out really beautiful. Solvi in Norway

Sølvis blog said...

I like the soft look of your blocks - they turn out really beautiful. Solvi in Norway

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't change anything. Your colors are perfect. I like soothing quilts if they are to be used. I like bright quilts if they are to be hung on the wall.
Great job w/your choice.
Hilary

Jeanne said...

Ingrid, surely neither of those sweet
and innocent looking furry faces could have been involved in the spool mangling! VBG Your blocks look wonderful.

Kucki68 said...

I was thinking I should have switched the pink and the green when I looked at mine, but overall am happy. Yours look good and I think it is "mean" of you not to show us what you came up with! I still need to do the half blocks.

Rhonda said...

I like your soft colors. Mind if I copy you for the next mystery.
Rhonda

Diane said...

I had a thread eating pup too. As a matter of fact his name was Hoover because he ate anything he could find. My blocks measure 3.5 inches exactly, but I also had to cut a different size triangle. I have been checking, and you are the first to mention this. Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Methinks that there is a glint of guilt on both those glorious faces.
I love that soft fur. They are beautiful